The following positions on the Georgia District Key Club Board are available for the 2017-18 year (the Key Club year is from District Convention to District Convention).
All board members must agree to the following:
- Attend all district board meetings (see below for dates/locations)
- Attend all district-wide events (Georgia Leadership Training Conference and Georgia District Convention at the beginning and end of their terms).
- Attend the Key Club International Convention (need-based grants are available)
- Other responsibilities as outlined in the respective position’s contract
Note that each board member will have an expense account to cover the costs of performing their duties adequately (including travel expenses). The Georgia District will work with each individual board member to ensure that financial burdens are minimized.
District board members will be required to miss school due to events and meetings throughout the year. The district works to minimize the amount of school that will be missed, but it is impossible to avoid altogether.
There are 15 lieutenant governors that serve on the Georgia District Board – one for each of the 15 divisions. Lieutenant governors are responsible for the Key Clubs in their division to ensure that they are informed of all Georgia District and Key Club International initiatives and events. In addition, lieutenant governors must also ensure that the clubs in their division pay dues promptly during their term.
Lieutenant Governor elections will occur at the divisional rallies in January/February. Any elections with more than one person running will follow the following format:
-Each candidate will have two minutes maximum to give a speech.
-A period of three minutes will be available for each candidate for questions (can be asked by any Key Club member in their division).
-Once each candidate has spoken, voting will take place by the official delegates from each club in attendance from that division.
-The election results will be announced following the session.
A Lieutenant Governor has already been elected for the following Divisions: 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 13 & 14. If you’re interested in a division that has not been elected, apply for an At-Large position at www.gakeyclub.org/apply.
Executive board positions include those of governor, secretary-treasurer and bulletin editor. These three positions carry the most power in the district, in addition to the most responsibility. Candidates must have exemplary leadership and time-management skills in order to be elected. All executive positions are elected at the annual convention – completed/signed contracts must be presented to the District Administrator on the Friday night of convention. If any of the executive positions are not filled at convention, the governor will accept applications and fill the positions with appointments.*
Specific details about each position can be found in the following contracts:
Committee chairs are appointed each year by the district governor during the three weeks following the district convention. Committee Chairs include:
Kiwanis Family Chair
District Projects Chair
Policies & Contests Chair
District Events Chair
Public Relations Chair
Major Emphasis Chair
To apply for one of these positions, an application is available at www.gakeyclub.org/apply. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Endorsement for International Office
The following agreements must be complete for a Key Club member to seek endorsement for a Key Club International Office by the Georgia District:
- Key Club International Trustee
- Key Club International Vice-President
- Key Club International President
All candidates endorsed must abide by all rules and regulations set forth by Key Club International for the election of officers.
Required Events for all Board Members
- 2017 District Convention: February 24-26, 2017 (St. Simons Island, Ga.)
- Board Training: March 17-19, 2017 (Macon, Ga.)
- 2017 Key Club International Convention: July 2-9, 2017 (San Antonio, TX)
- Summer Board Meeting: August 4-6, 2017 (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Georgia Leadership Training Conference: August 26, 2017 (Six Flags Over Georgia)
*Board members must arrive by 6:00 p.m. on Friday, August 25, 2017*
- Winter Board Meeting: December 8-10, 2017 (Macon, Ga.)
- 2018 District Convention & Pre-Convention Board Meeting: February 21-25, 2018 (Macon, Ga.)
Required Events for District Governor*
- GATC (Governor and Administrator’s Training Conference) in Chicago, IL on April 27-30, 2017
- LeadCon in Indianapolis, IN on July 20-23, 2017.
- Kiwanis Convention (will coincide with Georgia Leadership Training Conference)
- Mid Winter Conference (Date – TBD, probably around October).
*Flights/travel, accommodations paid for by Key Club International or the Georgia District.
All district board members will receive a budget for some incurred travel expenses. District and international event registration fees are the responsibility of board members and are not reimbursed. Financial assistance may be provided.
Contact District Administrator Brad Malone with any questions regarding district board member positions.